Windows Stuck on downloading Updates in Windows 10
For users who use windows or any other OS, we like to keep our OS updated. Updated OS is helpful in many ways and keeps our device secured and protected. And in addition to security, we also get New and Innovative features. But many times while updating Windows we might find different types of issues. In all the issues, the most common one is ” Windows Update Stuck at *%”.
Well for those users facing the issue mentioned above, you have come to right place to get your problem solved. There are many ways to solve update problem that are as follows:
Restart Windows Update Service:
Many times the issue arises due to some glitch in Windows update services running in behind causing this issue. Follow the steps given below to solve Windows update issues:-
- Click on Start Button and click on run.
- Type services.msc in the Open search box and hit enter.
- You will see a window prompting there you will find a services tab.
- Search for windows update service, right click on it and click on stop.
- Now again go to windows update service, right click on it and click start.
- Now, Restart your pc.
- Launch windows update the app and start updates again.
Restarting Windows update service solves this problem most of the times. As this issue occurs because sometimes service is not able to make proper contact with its servers. Due to this conflict with servers, Windows results in an error in the update.
But if unfortunately, this solution doesn’t solve the problem then follow the next one.
Use windows Troubleshooter:
Many times windows troubleshooter helps in getting issues resolved. For that follow the below steps:
- Click on Start button and click on control panel.
- Click on Troubleshooter and click on System and Security.
- Click on windows update and click on advance.
- Click Apply Repairs Automatically and clicks yes.
- Click next.
This will help in troubleshooting and resolve the issue of updates stuck at random part. But if even after following all the above solutions you are facing this issue, you are left with this option: –
Delete Windows Update cache files:
Deleting cache files helps in removing some redundant files that might have come and ended up glitching the update. To solve this follow:-
- Click on Start button>Accessories>Command Prompt.
- Right Click on it and Choose Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes and type : net stop wuauserv and then type net stop bits.
- Now go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistrubtion.
- Now delete all the files and folders in it.
- Now again go to Command Prompt and type: net start wuauserv and net start bits.
- Restart your pc.
You will see that the windows update has started. This step has helped many users with this issue.
Check for Storage Space:
Even after trying everything none of the methods help you, maybe you don’t have enough space for the updates.
Many times update stops downloading because there might be no space left for an update to be downloaded. So if we check the storage issue the update might start.
Follow these steps: –
- Click on My Computer.
- Right Click on C:
- Go for properties and check for free space, if space is less than 20 GB Free up some space.
- This will help update the start.
This should solve your Windows update error if it is occurring due to less storage space.
Well, that’s all we can do to solve windows stuck on download issue. I hope this guide has helped you. If you are facing any issue or have any doubt do let us know in the comment section. We will wait for your feedback. Thank you