There is no doubt that windows sfc scannow is one of the most useful commands one can use on their Windows OS. It helps with troubleshooting different problems but the real problem is what does sfc /scannow do.
However, in case if you do not know what this run sfc /scannow is all about and how to use it. Then I am here to help you out. In this article, I am going to talk about how can you use cmd sfc scannow windows 10. But first, let’s just know what this command is all about.
So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much of the time:
What is “sfc /scannow”?
Sfc scannow is a command of System file checker. It is a utility tool built in the Windows operating system. The main job of this command is to scan critical system files and verify their versions. Also, while scanning the files if it finds something wrong, then it simply replaces the file with the correct one.
What does SFC Scannow do?
The command helps in enabling the system file checker utility to immediately scan all the protected system files on your computer. It verifies each and every file, and if there is something wrong, it repairs or fixes the corrupted files. So if you face any system file corruption issue. This is the command you need to try out.
Related Post: Dell SupportAssist
How to run “sfc /scannow”?
Now the question is how to run sfc scannow command? Well, to run this command, you will need to follow these below steps:
- First of all, search for CMD.
- After that, you have to right click on CMD and run it as administrator.
- Now that you have to type this below command: dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (However, if you are using Windows 7 or any earlier version, then you better skip this step.)
- After that you have to type this following command: dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:[DRIVE]:\sources\sxs /limitaccess (You have to replace [DRIVE] with the drive letter of your Windows installation media.
- Wait for the process to be complete.
- In the end, simply type down the sfc /scannow command.
- Now, wait for the process to be completed. And then it will get restarted automatically.
Related Post: Disable Windows 10 Update
So that was all for to repair corrupt files and checks system file checker windows 10. Overall, these steps will repair all the files which are protected by your System file checker utility with all windows resource protection found corrupt files. Now go ahead and try these steps out and see how they are working for you or can check on official website here. Also, for any questions, you can feel free to comment below.