Wondering How to turn off touch screen windows 10? If your answer is yes, then I am here to help you out.
The thing about Windows Tablet is that it is capable of offering the best of both of the worlds. Like you can use the touch screen to control your PC. Other way, you can also use your mouse and keyboard for the same job. And if your device supports both of the features, then your Windows 10 experience must be pretty amazing.
But there are times when we want to disable touchscreen on Windows 10. As some people are not comfortable with it. So the question is how to disable touchscreen windows 10? Well, here is the answer to your question:
How to turn off touch screen Windows 10?
Before you go ahead and disable touchscreen Windows 10, let me tell you the fact that Windows 10 does not offer you any button to disable touchscreen. Hence, you will need to disable touch screen feature from the device manager only. For this, you will need to follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to right click on the start button to open the WinX menu.
- Then from the WinX menu, go to device manager.
- Then search for human interface devices and expand it.
- After that right click on the HID-compliant touch screen and from the list of options displayed, select ‘Disable’.
- After that, a confirmation popup will appear on your computer screen. It will ask you to confirm your decision saying “Disabling this device will cause it to stop functioning. Do you really want to disable it?” Click ‘Yes’.
Once you are done with these steps, the touch functionality will get disabled. Also, to re-enable the touch functionality, you will need to go back to the device manager and right click on the same option and select ‘Enable’ after you turn off touch screen Windows 10. This also works if you wish to turn off touch screen Windows 7.
Also, once you are done with all the steps, you will need to restart your computer to apply the changes and more information on official website.
Related Post: How to use Screen Mirroring in Windows 10?