There is no doubt that Microsoft OneDrive service is one of the best cloud services that you can find in the market but still there are people facing problem like “why is my onedrive not syncing?”. And there are quite a lot of people using their services. However, one common problem that we get to see with the OneDrive is with Microsoft Onedrive not syncing. As a result, you face issues while syncing your files to the cloud server.
In case if you are too facing the desktop Onedrive not syncing issue and wondering how can you fix it. Then I am here to help you out. In this article, I will be talking about a few methods which you can use to get rid of the error.
So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much of the time:
Methods To Fix OneDrive Not Syncing Issue
Ensure that the size of the file is less than 10GB
One thing that you need to keep in mind is that the maximum file upload limit is 10GB. So the files which exceed this limit cannot be synced with OneDrive.
However, if you want to upload more than 10GB of a file then the best option would be to zip it with onedrive sync issues. As it compresses the size of the file. To create a zip file simply right click on the file or you can select all your files then right click and select add to the archive and you will be good to go and sometimes you see you’re already syncing a personal onedrive on this computer message.
Check for Windows Updates
Make sure that your Windows is up to date. If not, then you better update it. As it causes issues with OneDrive. To update your Windows, simply search for “check for updates” on the Windows search bar and then open Windows Update. From there, follow all the screen instructions and update the Windows with OneDrive sync pending stuck.
Restart the sync process if it paused
There are times when the OneDrive stops syncing your files. In such cases, you can restart your sync process and OneDrive troubleshooter.
For this simply right click on the white icon for OneDrive cloud from the notification area. In case if you do not get to see any option over here, you might have to click on the upper pointing arrow with onenote OneDrive not syncing windows 10. But even if you still do not get to see the option, there is a high chance that one drive has stopped working and you should make sure onedrive is running on your pc. Make sure to exit from the application and start again and also the problem has with other devices like onedrive not syncing mac, onedrive not syncing android and onedrive not syncing iphone and onedrive not syncing on ipad.
Connect the OneDrive account to Windows
- First of all, go to the start menu.
- Then click on the gear icon and go to the settings page.
- Now click on the Accounts option and select ‘Email and App accounts’.
- Over here, you will find an option to add an account. Click on it.
- After that, follow all the screen instructions and you will be good to go.
Complete setting up of OneDrive
In case if you have more than 500 MB of data in your One Drive Folder and the setup is not finished yet. Then it might not show you the files when onedrive not working. To fix this thing, you have to click on the OneDrive folder and start the process all over again. Also, make sure to check the folders you would like to sync with and onedrive sync problems when onedrive not running and business onedrive not syncing windows 7.
Verify that all folders you wanted to sync are selected
Make sure you have selected the right folder that you would like to sync. There is a high chance that you might have missed the folder. To check this, click on the White OneDrive icon and go to the settings. Then from the accounts tab, choose Folder. Then do follow all the screen instructions.
Related Post: Microsoft Picture Manager in Windows 10
Check if the file path is too long
The maximum allowed character limit is 400 character only. If it exceeds, then it might create conflict while syncing. As a result, you get to see the one drive not syncing error. In this case, what you can do is omit the unnecessary subfolders and try to bring the target directory to the root folder with OneDrive not syncing to computer.
Check available disk space on the system
Next, you can check the available disk space on your computer and how much one drive space you have. If the system is sort of storage, then the files will not get synced. So in such cases, you can go ahead and follow these steps:
- First of all, start by deleting temporary files. Simply click on the gear button and then it will open the settings page.
- Now select the storage tab from here and double click on “This PC”.
- Then open the option for temporary files and check all the boxes except the one that says ‘previous version of windows’. Then delete everything
- You should also empty the recycle bin and delete all the unnecessary files permanently.
- You can also uninstall applications that are not in use anymore when onedrive files not syncing.
- Move files to an external hard drive to make space on the system.
- Once you are done erasing files on your system. Go ahead and try syncing your files with OneDrive again and see if everything is working fine or not.
Related Post: Windows 10 Update Assistant
Reset OneDrive manually
If everything falls in your case, the resetting OneDrive manually would be the best solution and also gives onedrive not updating with question “How do i reset onedrive?”. So the question is how to reset OneDrive manually? Well here are some of the steps that you can do to reset one drive manually:
- First of all, you have to launch the Command Prompt.
- Then you have to type this command and hit the enter button: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
- This will start syncing all the files once again. However, in case OneDrive setup fails to start, then you have to copy and paste this command into CMD and hit the enter button: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
- This will start the client manually.
So that was all for your question How to fix onedrive not syncing. Now go ahead and check these steps out and see how they are working for you onedrive not running. Also, if you have any more questions to ask. Then do feel free to comment below and download from official website here.
Related Post: Microsoft Update Catalog