Facing the windows update not downloading issue and looking for a solution to why is my windows update not downloading? If your answer is yes, then I am here to help you out.
There are often times when we try to download Windows update. But it gets stuck or gets frozen, and it becomes a tough task for us to update Windows and gets a problem like windows server 2016 windows update not downloading.
And in case if you have encountered with a similar issue and want to know how do i fix windows update not downloading, then let me mention a couple of fixes which will help you to fix the windows update not downloading issue. So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much of the time:
How to fix windows update not downloading error?
Method 1: Run Troubleshooter
One of the first things that you can do is run the troubleshooter. Windows 7 has this built in troubleshooter program which can troubleshoot your problems on your computer. In case, if you cannot download Windows 7 updates. Then it is the right time to run the troubleshooter. For this, you can go ahead and follow these steps:
- Open the start menu.
- Then type down troubleshoot in the search bar and open the menu.
- From the troubleshooting menu, you will need to select “Fix problems with Windows update”.
- Then from the next window, click on the Next button and follow all the screen instructions, and you will be good to go or also if windows update stuck on pending install.
Method 2: Reset Windows Update service
The second thing that you can do is reset windows update service. Talking about Windows update service, well it is a system that helps you to use Windows Update older version also have problem like windows 2016 windows update not downloading. In case if there is any problem you can try resetting this service to fix problems with windows update not working windows 10. And to do so, you will need to follow these steps:
- First of all press Windows key + R button together to open the run dialog.
- Now over here type down services.msc and click on ok. This will open up a new service window.
- From here, look for the Windows update service.
- Then from the sidebar, select Restart the service.
- After that, it will be restarting the file, and you will no longer face the windows update not downloading issue.
And in there several other issues also like windows server 2012 r2 windows update not downloading, which also have the same way of solving.
Method 3: Update Windows Update Agent
You can also try updating the Windows update agent. It is built in agent program which helps you to determine what updates should be installed on your computer. And by updating this module, you can fix the windows update not downloading issue with win7 windows update not downloading.
However, before you go ahead and start following the steps you need to keep in mind that, your Windows 7 operating system must be SP1 (Service Pack 1). In case, if you have no idea about it, you can check Microsoft’s support for further help and the majority of problem happens windows update stuck at 27.
- First of all, you will have to go to Microsoft’s support website. For this, you can use this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/949104/how-to-update-the-windows-update-agent-to-the-latest-version
- Then click on the stand alone packages for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 and can read windows update catalog.
- After that, download the suitable package for your computer also win 8.1 windows update not downloading.
- Then open the file which you have just installed and follow all the screen instructions one by one and device like surface windows update not downloading.
- Once you are done installing the application, simply restart your computer and see if you are getting the windows update not downloading error or not.
Method 4: Download updates manually
If you are facing the windows update not downloading, then there is an alternative thing that you can try out. And in this method, we will have to download updater manually. So to do so, you have to go ahead and follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Windows updater.
- Then from the Start menu type Update in the search bar then open the menu.
- Now from here, select updates available. And it will give you a list of updaters that your System has detected.
- Now you will need to not the update code which starts with KB.
- Then go to Windows Download Center from your web browser and search for the code that you have just noted.
- Next, follow all the screen instructions and download the updater.
- In the end, double click on the update file that you have downloaded. Then follow all the screen instructions and install the Update on your computer.
Overall, it is an excellent way to update your Windows OS. But the drawback of this method is that it will take a lot of time. Plus, if you want to download multiple updates, then it going to be a time consuming process for you and solves problem of windows update stuck downloading and also windows update 1903.
If surface windows update not downloading then you can win 8.1 windows update not downloading. Here, you can win7 windows update not downloading so as the problem of windows update not downloading gets solved.
Method 5: Perform a Clean Boot
If the above mentioned method did not work for you. Then the last thing that you can do is perform a clean boot. And to do so, you will need to put your Windows OS into the clean boot state and can use windows update troubleshooter to make windows update assistant. This way, you will be able to start your computer with minimal drivers and programs and windows update download. As a result, you will be able to identify which application is causing the issue.
So to go started with these, you will need to follow these steps:
- First of all, press Windows logo key + R key from your keyboard altogether to open the Run Dialog.
- Over here, type down msconfig and hit the enter button.
- It will open up the System Configuration window.
- Now from here, you need to go to the General tab.
- From here, you will need to select Selective startup and untick the Load startup items.
- Then go to the services tab.
- Place a tick on the Hide all Microsoft services option
- Then click on Disable all and click ok.
- Once you are done with all the steps, simply restart your computer, and it will boot into a clean boot state.
- Now check if you can update Windows from here or not. If you can update, then refer all the steps one by one and check which application is causing the main problem.
Related Post: Windows Update and Security Settings in Windows 10
So those were all the steps for windows update not downloading. Now go ahead and check them out and see how they are working for you. Also, if you have any more questions to ask. Then do feel free to comment below and I will surely help you out.