Is your Windows system displaying the error message “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package” or Windows update not downloading error? If you want to fix that, then you are in the right place. Plenty of windows users are getting this message showing error which is preventing them from installing apps and uninstalling apps as well. Windows is definitely one of the best and most popular operating systems available out there. Billions of people are using this OS but that doesn’t mean nothing can go wrong with it. Since Windows is highly customizable, there are a lot of different errors that keep annoying the users and this is one among them.
Regularly, users are capable of installing third-party apps effortlessly but sometimes they tend to have some problems while doing that, and “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package” is what a majority of the Windows users face one in their life. This issue has nothing to do with a virus or malware but it is completely caused because of a faulty Windows program or setting. If you are not a tech geek, then you might face a problem in fixing this issue although it doesn’t require any technical knowledge. By changing some Windows settings and a few other methods will help you in fixing the problem easily. So don’t waste your time in downloading additional tools to fix this issue.
In this article, we have clubbed all the possible ways to fix this particular problem stating “There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package”. There are various ways to fix this problem and the solution depends on the cause. Still, we will recommend you to follow every method mentioned below and we are sure that at least one of them will work for you. We have included only the working methods and have tested them personally. If you know about the software or the reason why you are getting this error, then it will be easier for you to fix this problem as you can follow only the required method to get rid of it.
- Also Read About: The Drive Where Windows Is Installed Is Locked
How To Fix There Is A Problem With This Windows Installer Package
Repair The Software Causing The Error
It is observed that the program you are trying to run and getting this error tends to get damaged from internal aspects and hence such type of error related to installation pops up. So, the suggested solution for this error is to repair the fugitive program and check whether this can fix the error or not. Windows gives you some in-built options that can be followed to repair the program instantly and these options can be followed by anyone without any worries. Just follow the steps mentioned below and you will be able to repair the affected program easily.
- Click on the Windows Start Button.
- Type “Control Panel” and click on it to open it
- There will be an option saying select “Uninstall A Program” under Programs.
- Then look for the program which is showing this error while installing or updating it.
- At the menu of this window, there will be options like Uninstall, Change, or Repair.
- Click on Repair in order to fix the error or click on Change if the repair option is not available.
- Go after the wizard to accomplish the task of repairing the program which is the root cause of the issue.
Uninstall & Re-Install The Software
If repairing didn’t work for you, then you can try uninstalling and re-installation the affected program. There are many cases out there where people were able to fix this as well as the Windows runtime broker error issue by re-installing the affected software. It doesn’t matter how you uninstall it since there are multiple ways to do that available out there. You can also use a third-party uninstaller program like Revo Uninstaller or IObit Uninstaller to get rid of the leftovers and have a clean installation of the software again. Here is how you can uninstall the program right from the Control Panel.
- Click on the Start Button and type “Control Panel” (without quotes).
- From the list of search results, click on the Control Panel app.
- Search for Programs heading and then click on the Uninstall A Program option.
- A list of all installed programs will get displayed on your screen.
- Click on the program you want to get rid of.
- On the top-bar, click on the Uninstall option. Alternatively, you can also Right-Click on the program and click on Uninstall.
- Go after the wizard till you have succeeded in uninstalling the program
- Now, try to install the program which you have been trying to install initially by double-clicking the setup file of that program.
- Once installed, try running the program again to check if you are still getting the error or not.
Download and Install New Version
If you still failed in re-installing the program from the already downloaded setup file, then it can be suspected that the setup file is faulty too. This happens because the setup file might have corrupted while it was getting downloaded, which can be because of weak internet connectivity which interfered with the downloading of some files.
In case if this is the root cause of the error, then we suggest you go back to the page from where you downloaded the program and re-download it. And this time be sure about saving it in a new folder. Once you are done downloading it, run the installation manager by double-clicking on it to install the latest version of that software.
- Also Read About: How To Fix Windows Explorer Keep Crashing
Use Microsoft’s Program Troubleshooter
If you are still unable to install the program after following all of the above steps then you have to run a Microsoft program install and uninstall troubleshooter. The best thing about this program is that it helps you in fixing almost all of your Windows problems automatically. Even if you are facing any other issues with your Windows or programs installed on it, even then you can try this tool to fix that problem. If you have never used that tool before then you can follow the steps mentioned below to fix There Is A Problem With This Windows Installer Package automatically.
- First of all, click on the Start Button and click on the Settings App.
- In the Settings app, click on Update and Security.
- On the left-side panel, click on Troubleshoot.
- Now, click on Additional Troubleshooters.
- A new page with various options will get displayed on your screen.
- Scroll down and click on Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.
- Then click on Run The Troubleshooter.
- A new pop-up will appear on your screen.
- Select the program from the list and click on Next.
- Keep following the instructions, once done try running the program again to see if the problem is fixed or not.
Run The Program As Administrator
In order to install any third-party program, it is needed that you have an admin privilege as this is the security feature of all the windows system in order to prevent random third party programs from getting installed without the knowledge of the user along with Windows Update Troubleshooter. This is the reason why you are supposed to be logging in with an Administrative account or obtain the permission of the admin to allow modifications related to the system. The lack of admin permission can trigger the error message “There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package”. Any application can be run as an administrator simply by Right-clicking the setup file and then selecting the option Run as administrator.
The solutions that are mentioned in this article are more than enough to help you fix the problem you are facing regarding Windows Installer Package error and all these solutions don’t even require you to have any professional knowledge or experience as the steps are really easy to follow.
We will keep this post updated with more methods to fix There Is A Problem With This Windows Installer Package, so keep visiting Windows Billy to know about them. If you are facing any issues in following any method mentioned on this page or you know about any other method that works to fix this issue, then let us know about it via the comments below.