Getting the display driver stopped responding and has recovered windows 10 error? If yes, then I am here to help you out.
There are often times when you get the display driver stopped responding and has recovered windows 10 error. And this mainly happens when your PC becomes unresponsive. And you are not the only person who is facing this issue.
Even there are quite a lot of Windows users reporting the same. But the good part is that fixing the error is not as hard as it seems.
Why this error occurs?
One of the main reasons why this error occurs when the Timeout Detection and recovery or TDR feature detects that your graphics card has some problem. And to fix this error, your computer restarts your computer to prevent it. And these are some of the top reasons why this error occurs:
- Problem display drivers
- Too many running programs or specific application
- Overheating GPU (Graphics Processing Unit)
- GPU timeout issues (the most known cause)
How to fix display driver stopped responding and has recovered windows 10 error?
Fix 1: Uninstall graphic driver
- First of all, from your keyboard press Windows logo key and R button at the same time to launch the RUN box.
- Over here, type down devmgmt.msc and hit the enter button to launch the device manager.
- Then expand the display adapters branch and right click on the display driver.
- Then click uninstall.
- Once you are done uninstalling the software, restart your computer and see if it has solved the issue or not.
Fix 2: Increase the GPU Processing Time by adjusting the Timeout Detection and Recovery registry value
Before you go ahead and follow these steps, I would like to mention that it might fix the problem for you. However, it can cause a serious problem to your PC if you modify the registry incorrectly and in nvidia display driver stopped responding and has recovered kernel. Hence, it is extremely important for you to follow all the steps correctly. Also, even if you mess up, you can follow the steps and get back to the older state.
Anyway, let’s go ahead and follow the steps:
- First of all, press the Windows logo plus R button together to open the Run box.
- Then type down Regedit and hit the enter button to open Registry Editor.
- Now, you will need to go to this following registry subkey:
- Now from the edit menu in the right pane, right click on the blank page. Then click new and select the following registry value from the drop down menu specific to your version of Windows. For example, if your PC is running on 32bit of Windows, follow these steps:
- Select the DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Then type down TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
- Now double click TdrDelay and add “8” for the Value data and click OK.
If your PC is running 64-bit operating system, follow steps below:
- At first, select QWORD (64-bit) Value.
- Then type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
- Double click TdrDelay and add “8” for the Value data and click OK.
- In the end, restart your computer and see if the problem is solved or not.
Also, once you are done making all the changes and if you figure out any issues and to see how to fix nvidia display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Make sure to revert all the changes that you have made, and you will be good to go and windows display driver stopped responding and has recovered. With how to fix amd display driver stopped responding and has recovered is also explained in this article.
Fix 3: Close Some Programs Running in the Background
If too many programs are running on your computer at the same time. Then the performance of your PC will get slowed down. So the best you can do is closing down some applications that you are not using with error display driver stopped responding and has recovered.
Also, if the problem only occurs when you are trying to run some specific application. Then there is a high chance that software is the main culprit. In such cases, you can uninstall those apps and see if it has fixed the display driver stopped responding and has recovered windows 10 or not.
Related Post: Dell SupportAssist
Fix 4: Clean GPU Radiator
In the end, you can clear GPU radiator. Overheating GPU is also one of the main reasons behind the display driver stopped responding and has recovered windows 10. So in such cases, you can clean your GPU and see if it is working for you or not. In here you can learn how to fix display driver not responding.
So those were all the fixes for the display driver stopped responding and has recovered windows 10 and also no need to see for how to solve display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Now go ahead and try these fixes out. And see if they are working for you or not. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below more answers available on official website.
Related Post: Microsoft Update Catalog