There is no doubt that my microphone is not working in Windows 10 is one of the best operating systems available out there in today’s time. But it has quite a lot of issues that often bother Windows users. And one of the issues is the Skype audio not working windows 7 Microphone issue that Windows users often get to face.
The microphone of your Windows 10 computer can stop working at any time for different reasons. And for some common reasons are the incorrect settings, the microphone is broken or incompatible drivers. Or there is some hardware issue.
However, in case if your built-in Microphone or Skype Audio is not working in Windows 10/8/7. Then I am here to help you out through this article.
Skype Audio not working headphones or Microphone not working
If you are facing any issue with your Skype audio not working headphones. And you cannot hear audio during skype calls. Then before you do anything, you better open Skype audio not working 2020 settings. And under the Speakers as well as under the Microphone settings, make sure that Microsoft LifeChat Headset is selected.
1] Check if the Microphone is ON
If your Skype audio not working headphones after upgrading to Windows 10. Then there is a possible chance that it is turned off.
- For this, you will have to go to Windows settings by using Win + I buttons at the same time from your keyboard.
- Then click on the Privacy tab.
- From here select Microphone from the left panel and turn it ON.
- After that, you can choose the apps that you wish to use on your Microphone.
2] BrokMicrophoneated driver
There is also a chance that your microphone is using an outdated driver. As a result, your Microphone is not working. However, you can follow these below steps to update your outdated driver.
- First of all, go to the device manager.
- Then go to “Sound, video and game controllers”.
- After that, click on it and select “Realtek High Definition Audio”.
- Now double click, and you will find a new pop up window with program properties and driver settings.
- Go to the Driver tab and click on Update Driver.
3] Adjust the Microphone Setting
- First of all, you will need to go to the audio icon in your taskbar.
- Then right-click on it and select Recording devices.
- Now you have to select microphone and double click on it to open properties.
- Over here, you will get the option to adjust the levels and adjustments like Noise Cancellation, DC Offset Cancellation, Echo Cancellation, and more.
- Also, by disabling all the sound effects, you will be able to fix Microphone issues.
- So under the Advanced tab, disable the checkbox Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
4] Restart Windows Audio Service
Some minor issues in your Windows audio service can also be one of the reasons why your microphone is not working. And restarting it would be the best idea. For this, you can follow the below steps:
- First of all, open run command and type services.msc.
- Then, it will launch the entire list of Windows services on your PC.
- Over here, select Windows Audio and right-click on it and then select restart.
Skype audio not working windows 10 or my Microphone is not working problems are pretty normal, and usually, they are device-oriented. This means that a specific solution cannot fix the issue. SO now the skype audio not working on the laptop. Hence, it is advisable to try out different solutions to check if the microphone is working or not. Also, if Skype audio not working windows 10 you can try restarting the application and reinstall it. Also, for any questions, you can comment below.