Reset Windows Password with easy steps
Have you forget your Windows password, and now all you want to do is windows 10 password reset? If yes, then I am here to help you out. Recovering Windows password is not an easy task as it seems. And it can be frustrating.
However, the good part is that with the right tools and steps, you can easily recover Windows Password. And in this article, I will be talking about all the steps that you will need to follow. So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much of the time:
How to Recover Windows Password?
Method 1: Reset your Microsoft Account Password Online
Before you go ahead and start following this method, you should know that it only works with Windows 8 and Windows 10 computers. As you already know that Windows 8 and Windows users often use their Microsoft accounts to login to their Windows account. Hence, resetting your Microsoft password can help you to regain access to your locked computer.
If you Forgot your Microsoft Account Password and can’t remember, reset it
Follow these steps to create a new one:
- Go to the Reset your password page.
- Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
- Enter the email address, ph.no. or Skype ID you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
- Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
- If you have security info on your account, we’ll send a one-time code(OTP) to the alternate ph.no. or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you’ll be able to make a new password.
Sometimes changing settings in your account can affect how you sign in, and resetting your password won’t fix it. See if one of the scenarios below applies to you.
If you recently turned on two-step verification
If you’ve taken the extra security step of turning on two-step verification, some apps and devices will tell you your password is incorrect, because they haven’t been updated to prompt you for a security code. Instead of your regular password, you’ll need to use an app password to get in.
Method 2: Windows 7 Password Reset in Safe Mode via Administrator
When Windows 7 was installed completely, a built-in administrator was created at the same time. The Administrator account has no password unless you create one for it. So it is possible to reset Windows 7 forgotten admin password if you can access Windows 7 computer with built-in administrator in Safe Mode. Now we will try to login Windows 7 with the built-in administrator and reset forgotten administrator password.
- Boot or reboot your Windows 7 PC or laptop.
- Press F8 repeatedly until the Windows Advanced Options Menu screen appears.
- Select Safe Mode in the coming screen, and then Press Enter.
- Log in Windows 7 with Administrator account when you see login screen.
- Click Start > open the control panel > users accounts, and select locked administrator to reset its password. Or run command prompt as administrator to reset Windows 7 password with net user command.
Method 3: Use Windows Password Recovery Tool
You can also use a Windows password recovery tool to recover your forgotten or lost Password. There are so many effective tools are available out there that you can download.
However, to help you out, I am going to name a few of them over here:
1. Windows Password Key
First of all, I have the Windows Password Key. And it is one of the best password recovery tools. It allows you to reset your Windows administrator or user password without having to re-install your operating system. Also, you do not need to be a tech genius to start using this software.
However, to make you understand in a better way, let me just tell you the features of this tool:
Reset lost or forgotten Password
One of the first features that you are getting is that it can help you to reset lost or forgotten Password. It works via a USB flash drive, and you can easily crack down the administrator password.
Bypass Windows passwords
Want to bypass Windows 10 password without changing the current password or resetting password?
In case, if you want to get rid of Windows 10 login screen and log into your user account automatically. then you should perform these steps:
- Type netplwiz in the Run dialog box to open User Accounts.
- Select the user account whose password you want to remove.
- Uncheck “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” and then click on Apply.
Enter the username and password on Automatically sign in box and click on OK. That’s it!
This is the most simple Windows 10 password bypass method.
I hope it helps!!
If you don’t want to reset your Windows password and you can’t remember it, Windows Password Recovery can help you out. This tool is also pretty fast and makes it super easy for you to unlock your computer.
2. PassCue Windows Password Recovery
Up next, I have the Passcue Windows Password Recovery software. This one is also one of the best tools that you can use for the job. And with this, you will be able to unlock your Windows administrator and user password without causing any data loss. And you will have to follow these below steps to get started with this tool:
- First of all, you will have to install the program on a Working computer.
- After that, you will have to create a bootable reset password disk.
- Next, insert the bootable reset disk into the problem computer. And then boot the computer using the bootable disk or drive.
- After that, you will see all the user accounts on your PC. Select the account that you would like to unlock.
- Next, click on the Reset Password button, and then click on the Reboot to restart your PC.
- Once done, your Password should be recovered, and you will regain access to your computer.
So that was all for your question that says How to Recover Your Windows Password. Now go ahead and check these methods and tools out and see how they are working for you. Also, for any questions, do comment below.
If you like our solution and want to know about windows check out our website windowsbilly there is have amazing information about windows. and all of windows problem solutions.