If you are using Google Chrome browser on your computer and tracking down the processes manually. Then there is a high chance that you have Windows 10 Google Chrome Software reporter tool. So the question is what this software reporter tool is, and how should you stop it?
In case if you have the same questions in your mind where takes Google Chrome Software reporter tool high cpu usage. Then I am here to help you out. In this article, I am going to talk about software reporter tool only. So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much of the time:
What is Software Reporter Tool?
Software reporter tool is a Google chrome’s standalone process. And the main job of this tool is to monitors if any add-ons are interfering with Google chrome’s function. This tool is not connected to the web anyhow. But is used by the browser to recognize programs that can create a conflict with disable google chrome software reporter tool gpo.
It is a small file which is about 54KB, and it is named as the “software_reporter_tool.exe“. However, at times because of this too, you get to see a high CPU usage. Hence you might want to stop it. And to do so, you can go ahead and follow these below steps to stop google chrome software reporter tool:
Method 1: Disable Software Reporter Tool From Google Chrome Settings
One of the first things that you can do is disable software reporter tool from Google chrome settings. This will prevent the tool to run in the background. Hence, you will no longer get to see the high disk usage error also on disable google chrome software reporter tool windows 7. To do so, follow these steps:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Then from the top right click on the 3 dots icon which will open the menu option.
- From here, go to the Settings.
- Now, from here, you have to scroll down and go to the “Advanced” option.
- Then scroll down the bottom again, and you will find the system action.
- Over here, you will get to see the “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed” options.
- Simply turn it off.
- Below the System tab, there is the Reset and Clean Up section, click on it so that google chrome software reporter tool disable.
- Over here, you will find an option titled “Report details to Google”. Simply untick the option, and you are all done.
Method 2: Disable Software Reporter Tool Using Registry Editor
You can also block the software reporter tool from the registry editor. For this, we will use official Google chrome policies to stop the tool from running. To do so, you have to follow these steps on google chrome software reporter tool cpu:
- First of all, press Win key + R buttons together to launch Run dialog.’
- Over here type down regedit and press Enter. Then it will open up the Registry Editor window.
- After that, you will need to go to this following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies.
- Under the policies key, you will need to create a new key and name it Google.
- Then under the Google Key, create a new key named Chrome. So the overall key must look like: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome
- Then select Chrome key and from the right side pane right click and select “New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value” option. And name it ChromeCleanupEnabled.
- Then create a new DWORD and name it as ChromeCleanupReportingEnabled.
- Also, make sure to keep both DWORDs values to 0.
Once you are done with all the steps, you are good to go. Talking about the Software reporter too, well it helps you to prevent Chrome’s software reporter tool from scanning your computer. As well as it will prevent the tool from sending reports to Google and same for google chrome software reporter tool high disk usage.
Related Post: Chrome Saved Passwords
Method 3: Disable Software Reporter Tool Using Registry Editor
In the end, you can try out disabling software reporter tool using the registry editor. However, this one is a bit different from the above method. In this case, we will be using DisallowRun key to prevent the software from running. And to do so, you will need to follow these below steps:
- First of all press Windows + R key together. This will open the Run box.
- Over here type down Regedit and hit the enter button. And it will open Registry Editor.
- After that, you need to go to this following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies.
- From the policies key, you will need to create a new key than name it as Explorer.
- From the explorer key, create a new key and name it as DisallowRun. Once done, the final key will look like as: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun
- Then select DisallowRun key and from the right-side pane, right-click and select “New -> String Value” option. Set the new String name as 1
- Now double click on 1 string and set its value to Software_Reporter_Tool.exe
- Once you are done with all the steps, you will no longer get to see the high disk usage error.
So that was all for the software reporter tool. I hope these steps have solved your issue. So go ahead and try them out and see how they are working for you in software reporter tool disable windows 10. Also, if you have any more questions to ask when the software reporter tool high cpu consumes. Then do feel free to comment below and I will surely help you out before you have to download Google Chrome from official website here.
Related Post: Disable Chrome PDF viewer