There are times when you get to see the WMI provider host service is running on your computer and causing high CPU usage. It is an extremely important part of Windows, and it often runs in the background.
The main job of this application is to allow other applications on your computer to request information about your system. And in normal cases, it does not require many system resources from your computer. But at times it uses a high disk usage as wmi provider host high cpu server 2016.
So the question is how to get rid of the wmiprvse.exe WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage Windows 10 issue? Well in this article, I will be answering this question only and to discuss wmi provider host high memory usage. This will also explain wmi provider host how to disable and help with wmi provider host high cpu server 2012.
So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much of the time:
What is WMI Provider Host?
WMI provider host or wmiprvse.exe is a part of the Windows Management Instrument Provider support. And it is an important service on your windows. Without this, it would be tough for your computer to manage applications and their processes. If you stop this, many functionalities of Windows will get stopped too. Plus you might face several errors on your computer when wmi provider host taking high cpu.
How To Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage?
Now coming to the main question, which is how to Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU usage windows server 2012 r2? Well, to help you out with this question, let me just talk about the top solutions that you can take into consideration when wmi provider host is using high cpu:
Restarting the Windows Management Instrumentation Service
- First of press Windows key and R button together to open the run dialog.
- Over here type down services.msc and hit the enter menu.
- Hold the Windows key on your keyboard and Press R. In the run dialog; type services.msc
- From the next window, you have to locate the Windows Management Instrumentation Service. To find it easily press W once and you will get to see all the names that start with W.
- Then right click on the option and choose Restart to restart the service. You can also stop the service from here if you want. However, that is not recommended.
Restart Other Associated Services
Once you are done with the above steps. You have to go to launch the command prompt.
For this simply search for CMD then right click on it and select run as administrator. Once you are on the CMD, simply type down these commands one by one:
net stop iphlpsvc
net stop wscsvc
net stop Winmgmt
net start Winmgmt
net start wscsvc
net start iphlpsvc
Once done, Reboot your PC and check and if you are still getting the same WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage or not.
Related Post: Windows Modules Installer Worker
Perform a Clean Boot to Identify a Faulty Application
There are times when you get the issue with the WMI Provider host windows 10 is because of some faulty applications.
However, you can easily fix the issue by performing a clean boot. So the question is how to perform a clean boot? Well, you can follow these steps:
- Press “Windows” + “R” to open up the “RUN” dialog.
- Over here type down, “msconfig” and hit the enter button.
- From the new windows, Click on services option and uncheck the “Hide all Microsoft Services” button.
- Now click on Disable All option and then click on OK button.
- Then click on the startup tab and then click on the Open Task Manager option.
- Then click on the startup button from the task manager.
- Click on any application in the list that has “Enabled” written next to it and select the “Disable” option.
- Now you have to repeat the same process all the applications in the list and restart your computer.
- Then your computer will be boot into the clean boot state.
- Check if this has fixed the WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage issue or not.
If you do not get to see the error again, this means there was some third party application causing the issue also product like WMI provider host high cpu usage windows server 2016 and wmi provider host high CPU usage server 2012.
So now you have to re-enable all the applications one by one and check which one is causing the issue. Once you find the culprit simply uninstall the application and you will be good to go.
Related Post: Edit Hosts File Windows
So these are all the steps that you have to follow to fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage. Now go ahead and check them out and see how they are working for you. For more information go to official page here.
Related Post: Windows Update Not Downloading