Recently Microsoft has launched a new tool called Windows Defender Offline. And it is quite different from all the security tools that we have seen so far.
Usually, what security tools are that, they look for malware when Windows is running. But they are not powerful enough to remove some hard to remove malware like Rootkits. As they inject malicious code to the Windows operating system only.
What this tool does is that you can save it in a moveable media like CD, DVD, or USB drive and you can boot it to start the scan also if it does not works like windows defender offline cannot be started. It is same windows defender offline scan vs full scan.
There are times when malware or some unwanted software install themselves on your computer if the problem is like windows defender offline scan not running. This happens when you visit suspicious websites which forces you to install an application on your computer using windows defender offline scan reddit. However, the good part is that you can remove such tools software from your computer using the this tool. As it can detect such malicious and potentially unwanted software, and then notify you of the risks.
How To Download And Use Windows Defender Offline Tool
To use the this in beta, you will have to go through these following steps:
- First of all download the Windows Defender Offline Tool on your computer.
- Then you have to create a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive. For this, you can use different tools. For example, if you want to use a USB flash drive, you can use RUFUS.
- After that, restart your computer and boot using the Windows Defender Offline media.
- Then scan your PC for malware.
- If any malware is found on your computer, Windows Defender Offline will notify about it to you.
- Remove the malware found from your PC.
Also, make sure when you are downloading the Windows defender offline tool make sure to use the latest version only. As Microsoft keeps updating the tool for new malware. Get official tool from website .So the outdated version of the tool might not catch recent malware. Hence, it will be no use for you.
Related Post: Windows Update and Security Settings in Windows 10