Outlook is one of the most famous email services available out there. It comes with all the features that you expect from an email client. Like a huge amount of storage space, better editing features, a cool interface, and so on to delete outlook account.
However, at certain times, we want to close our outlook account permanently. And if this is the same case with you. Then I am going to tell you the steps to delete your outlook email account permanently and how to delete hotmail account.
Also, before you go and close your email address, make sure to change your email address with all the social media accounts. So you will not end up missing anything in order to look how to delete outlook account 2019.
How to Delete or Close Outlook.com account
- First of all, outlook account sign in or hotmail account sign in.
- Then from the dashboard, click on the gear icon from the upper right corner.
- From there, go to “More mail settings,” and you will be presented with these following options:
- Managing your account
- Writing email
- Preventing junk email
- Customizing Outlook
- Now you will need to select ‘Managing your account’.
- Then you will be redirected to a new page displaying your ‘Account Summary’ and ‘Password and Security info’.
- Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Over here, you will find the ‘Close account’ option. Click on it and then you can delete hotmail account or close outlook account.
- Now, before you close your account, Outlook will ask you to check the ‘privacy and cookies’ statement. In addition to this, it will provide you information on – what happens to your info if you choose to close your account.
- After that, it will ask you to verify your account to close it down.
- In the end, you will get the option to deactivate your account, and you are all done.
Also, you should know that Microsoft will keep your account activated for about 270 days and then you can how to delete outlook account 2018. And during this time period, you can easily restore your account if you want to do so. After the time period, Microsoft will completely delete your account and sign in from official website.
Related Post: How to Recall Email in Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2010?