How to delete a Google Plus account without actually deleting Gmail
Hey guys, You might have accidentally made a google plus profile in sometime. It can be your old profile that you don’t wish to continue now and want to delete it forever. You might not want to delete your gmail account to which the google plus account is associated. Don’t Know how to do that without actually deleting Gmail account? I have got a solution for you.
Why would you like to delete Google plus account? The answer is simple, Google plus is not used by much of the audience and is not popular like Facebook, twitter, Instagram. However, Some people do prefer using Google Plus over any other social media platform. This is not for them. This tutorial is particularly for those who are not much active on this specific platform.
Things to remember before deleting Google Plus account
Yeah, You should remember and take a look at all these thing before deleting Google plus account. It is for the safety reasons.
Before you start the process of deleting your google plus account, here are some things you need to know. When you delete your google plus account it will also affect:
All the circles you have joined or created will be deleted along with your Google plus account
All +1 that you have done or made to other’s post will also be deleted
All of your posts, comments and also the collections will also be affected with the deletion of your Google plus account
All chat data from Gmail, Hangout, Google Talks will also be deleted with your Google plus account
Also, you might not be able to use the google plus share or +1 button on any website logged in with that Google account.
To delete Google Plus account
To delete your Google plus account without deleting the gmail, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to google plus website. Log in with your google account which you want to delete on the google plus.
- Click on the settings tab, which might be available on the sidebar.
- After opening the settings tab successfully, scroll down to the bottom of the page. There, you will see a “Delete your Google+ profile”, click on it.
- Clicking on the button will open a new tab, You will have to enter the password of that google account there.
- Then you will see a confirmation page which will include two check boxes, click on both of them.
- Confirm the deletion of your account.
- Boom!! You have successfully deleted your google plus account. You can go and check your gmail account. It is still there. So, You have successfully deleted your google plus account without actually deleting your gmail account.
Over To You
That is it from my side. I hope you liked this short and simple method to delete your google plus account without actually deleting Gmail. If you have any alternative method or anything that I am missing here, post that in the comments below. If you have any queries/feedback/suggestions, do let us know through the comment section.