Wondering how to block emails on Gmail? If your answer is yes, then I am here to help you out. There are many reasons why you would want to block emails on Gmail. Maybe it is because you are getting spammed a lot. Or you do not wish to hear from a person.
However, no matter why you wish to block emails on Gmail. Blocking a contact is extremely easy. And here are all steps that you will need to follow to block emails on Gmail:
Gmail gives you an option that can be used to block someone from your Gmail. As a result, they will not be able to send you Emails again.
Also, when you block someone, their emails from that particular sender will be sent to the spam folder. As a result, your inbox will be spam free.
However, you may think that the same thing also can be done by marking an email as Spam. But the only difference over here is that, if you block someone, the sender cannot be found in the Inbox folder unless or until you unblock him/her. But when you spam an email, you will still find the person in the inbox folder.
Anyway, to block a contact on Gmail, here are the steps that you have to follow:
1. At first, open up your Gmail and login into your account using login credentials.
2. Next, open the email from that person whom you wish to block.
3. After that, click on the arrow or more button next to the reply button.
4. Over here, you will find an option called Block “sender_name“.
5. Then simply click on that option and select block in the popup window. And once you do that, all the emails from that one sender will be moved to the Spam folder.
Furthermore, if you wish to automatically delete all the emails from a particular sender, you can create a filter for that.
If you wish to unblock a contact in Gmail, then here are the steps that you have to follow:
1. At first, you will need to go to the settings.
2. After that, go to the Filters and Blocked Address tab.
3. Next, you have to look for the contact and click on the unblock option to unblock the contact, and you are all done.
So that was the answer to your how to block emails on Gmail question. Now it is your call to go ahead and check these steps out and see how they are working for you. Also, if you have any more questions to ask, then do feel free to comment below.