How to add Google Photos to Windows 10 Photos App?
Free unlimited storage, automated backup of files and some pretty cool editing tools- that’s Google Photos for you. It is one of the best apps to backup and manages your pictures on Android devices. It is mostly used with Android devices. But are you aware of the thing that it can be used with Windows PCs as well?
Well, it is pretty easy to use the Google Photos on your Windows PC. In this post, we will have a look at how you can add Google Photos to Windows 10 Photos App.
Add Google Photos to Windows 10 Photos App
Basically, Google Photos is an online cloud storage where you can store your pictures and videos in Google Drive. So if you have already installed the GDrive app on your PC, it’s great. If not, download and install it from here and proceed. It will help you further while adding the Photos App in your Windows 10 PC.
Once you are done with that, follow all the steps mentioned below carefully to avoid any obstacles. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial guide:
- Launch the Google Drive app on your PC (I assume that it has been successfully installed on your PC).
- Click on the Gear icon on the upper right corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear.
- From the drop-down menu, select the “Settings” option. The “Settings” window will now open up.
- Scroll down in the Settings window and find the option to “Create a Google Photos Folder”. Enable it and wait for a couple of minutes until the folder gets added to your Google Drive successfully.
- In case you have enabled the selective sync, make sure that you have selected the “Google Photos App” as one of the folders.
- Once you’re done with all this, open the Windows 10 Photos App.
- From the upper right corner of the app window, click on the three dots. A new menu will open up.
- Click on the “Settings” option available in the menu.
- Now scroll down to the “Sources” section and click on “Add a Folder” option.
- A new window for selecting the folder will pop-up. From here, select the folder titled as “Google Photos”. It is located in the Google Drive folder.
- Finally, click on “Add this folder to Pictures” and wait for a while until everything gets added.
- Voila! Now all your photos and videos saved in Google Photos will appear in the Windows 10 Photos App.
NOTE: Keep in mind that syncing will download all the photos and videos stored on your Google Drive to your local hard drives. So make sure that you have enough storage space and a good enough Internet connection for downloading everything
Google Photos is a pretty amazing app for storing and managing your media via cloud services. And now you can transfer them to Windows Photos App as well. Do let us know how your experience with both the apps was and which one you liked the most.
Feel free to drop your queries and suggestions in the comment box below. We will try to respond you as soon as possible. And for more awesome content like this, keep following [site name] on all our social media platforms.