While inspecting your computer, you came across to tap windows and now you are wondering what this thing actually is? If your answer is yes, then I am here to help you out. And anchorfree tap-windows adapter v9 is available. Tap windows is a simple tool which is required by many VPN clients. It is a virtual network interface that offers functionality that needs by many VPN clients to create a VPN connection but before that you need to know how do I install a tap windows adapter.
You can find this create tap Windows Adapter V9 install in the C:/Program Files/Tap-Windows directory. Even, when you open the Windows 10 Settings, you will get to see a program called TAP-Windows. However, to clear all your doubts, let me just go ahead and talk about what this anchorfree Tap Windows adapter is and need to see tap windows adapters are currently in use. So here we go:
What is Tap Windows Adapter?
A windows tap adapter is sort of a driver which is installed by most of the VPN programs like OpenVPN. This driver usually appears in your device manage after you install a VPN client. And there are quite a lot of VPN applications uses this adapter to create a VPN connection. So you can browse the internet privately.
There are two different versions of Tap Windows that you get to see. These versions are the:
- NDIS 5 driver (tap-windows, version 9.9.x) – on Windows XP.
- NDIS 6 driver (tap-windows, version 9.21.x) – on Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista.
Related Post: Appdata folder
When to reinstall Tap Windows Adapter?
You might get scared by seeing this driver because you did not install it by yourself only. And all you want to do is reinstall the driver. However, you need to know when to reinstall tap windows adapter download.
Usually, if you are using a VPN connection to browse the internet, you need to have this drive on your computer. And there are a few reasons for that.
However, at times, users have complained that they are facing connectivity while the VPN connection is activated. In such cases, the Tap windows adapter is the main culprit. Even there is a high chance that you have stopped using Tap Windows, and while connecting to the internet, you are getting issues. In this case, too, you need to reinstall Tap Windows adapter.
How to reinstall Tap Windows Adapter V9 driver
Now coming to the main question which is how to reinstall Tap Windows Adapter V9 download. No matter why you want to reinstall the driver. But here are all the steps that you need to follow to complete your operation. So here we go:
- First of all, terminate your VPN connection. As well as close the VPN program.
- Then you have to press Windows Key + R button together to open the Run dialog.
- Over here type down, devmgmt.msc and hit the enter button. It will open the device manager.
- From the device manager, you have to expend the Network adapters menu.
- Now over here, you will have to locate the Tap Windows Adapter. If you get to see an exclamation mark on the side of the Tap Windows. Then it would be a good idea to reinstall the software.
- To reinstall the driver, simply right click on it. Then select uninstall, and you are good to go.
- Now you can go ahead and try opening your VPN client again, and you might see a message that will ask you to install the Network driver. In most of the cases, you will be able to install the software from this stage only.
- But in case if you do not get to see such options. Then you can download Tap Windows from the OpenVPN website.
- In the end, go back to device manager and see if you are seeing the exclamation mark or not. If you still get to see it, you better contact your VPN support.
Related Post: Hard Drive Encryption Software
How to remove the TAP-Windows Adapter V9?
In some cases removing Tap Windows is not as easy as the above mentioned steps. In fact, it can go really messy because not all the VPN providers use the tap-windows driver for the job. Some VPN applications install an application on your system. So even if you uninstall the driver by following the above steps and alos works with other vpn like tap windows adapter v9 openvpn. After reinstalling your device, you might see the same thing.
This is because most of the VPN software has some startup services, which checks for missing software and fixes them automatically. So in case if you want to uninstall the Tap Windows V9 driver, you will need to follow these steps:
- From your C drive go to Program Files.
- Then locate the Tap-Windows and double-click on the uninstall.exe to uninstall the program.
- After that, follow all the screen instructions, and you will be able to uninstall the program.
- Now press Win Key + R button to open the run dialog.
- Over here type down “appwiz.cpl” and hit the enter button to open the programs and features menu.
- From here, locate the VPN client then uninstall it from your system and you are all done.
So that was all for the Tap Windows and anchorfree tap-windows adapter v9. Now go ahead and check the steps out and see how they are working for you with when you have vpn driver encountered an error and get it from official store here. Also, if you have any more questions to ask. Then do feel free to comment below and I will surely help you out.
Related Post: Windows 10 Theme Creator