You are playing your favorite game on, and your laptop suddenly pops up with a system service exception stop code and destroys all your progress; it would make you angry but would make you more concerned about the unexpected error that has popped up. Such an error could be either very harmful or just a small thing that could be fixed very easily using Windows 10 bootable USB. But such errors should be looked into and fixed. Nonetheless, you don’t have to worry because some of these errors don’t require an IT specialist or a computer maniac; you just have to follow simple steps. Usually, the problems are related to the operating system, and the most common operating system used by a lot of people happens to be Windows.
System Service Exception is basically a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error. This error cannot be seen in the old version of Windows but it is very common in the latest version of Windows 10. There are various reasons why you might get this error as it can be caused by various factors like graphic user interface, outdated drivers, corrupt software and system files, etc. Before you apply any fix to solve this error, you must figure out the real reason behind it. If you are not able to find it out then you can apply the fixes mentioned below one by one and see which one of them fixes the error automatically.
Here in this post, we are going to tell you everything about the System Service Exception stop code and will tell you about the ways to fix system service exception stop code. There are many ways in which you can solve System Service Exception Windows 10 keeps restarting but we have included only the working ways in this post. It doesn’t matter if you are facing System Service Exception while gaming or System Service Exception installing Windows 10 you can always follow the methods mentioned below to fix system service exception stop code issue on your device. You must follow every step carefully to apply the fix to your system.
- Also Read About: Best Temporary Email Sites
What Is System Service Exception Error In Windows?
System service exception stop code is an error that appears mainly in the Windows 10 operating system. This is a widespread error that occurs because of many reasons which we have mentioned above. Though this error can be fixed very quickly, and hence you don’t have to worry. The basics are to just eliminate any errors in your system files.
If you have recently updated your device drivers or attached any hardware to it, then there are high chances that these new changes are creating the system service exception stop code problem. An installed software are more unlikely to create this issue but sometimes the settings of apps and system can cause conflict in the system and give you this error.
Causes Of System Service Exception BSOD Error In Windows
Not Enough Storage For Windows Update – Windows updates are essential for the system to work efficiently, and hence system service exception stop code error could keep popping up if your system doesn’t have enough storage space left for Windows update to install. You can also get there is a problem with Windows installer package error because of this. Always install Windows in the drive which you can keep clean and we will recommend you not to store anything in it so Windows can perform its operations easily.
System Is Starting Slowly – It could be due to many reasons, but the two main reasons are malware or if the update is not installed. In the first case, it is hazardous; you should get the entire system scanned with a good anti-virus and malware tool. If you are using Windows 10, then Windows Defender is capable enough of keeping every harmful thing out of your system.
Files Opening With Wrong Apps – This might be because there is a link between Windows and the default application for the files which might have been broken. You can use the “Open With” feature of Windows to open your files with the correct app. If you are not sure about the compatible app, then we will recommend you do a Google search for that file type and you will get information about the associated programs.
System Restore Not Available – The system restore has gone missing, and you cannot restore any updates. Though it is not beneficial for all but if you are a power user and often install/uninstall programs on your device then you can make a system restore point when you have just installed the Windows. This will help you in moving your system to a prior period when you were not facing this error.
How To Fix System Service Exception Stop Code [4 Methods]
Method #1. Update/Install Any Pending Updates In Windows
Updating plays an essential job in running your system; you should frequently install updates because the outdated files can cause errors. Though Windows automatically notifies the user about the pending updates but sometimes you might need to install them manually. This method can also be used to fix Google Chrome sync not working problem.
Luckily, you can do that easily by going to the Windows Settings app on your Windows 10 PC. If you want Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 then you can visit the Windows Update section in Control Panel. Doing so will help you in fixing system service exception stop code Windows problem. Just follow the steps mentioned below and you will be able to install pending updates on your Windows PC.
- The first step is to hit the Windows Key + I key opens the Settings Panel.
- Then you navigate to the Updates and Security section.
- Go to Windows Update, under that check, if there are any pending updates.
- If there are any update windows, but before that, save important files.
- Once you have installed all updates, simply Restart your system.
Method #2. Keep All Drivers Updated
Using old drivers can cause errors and hence give a system service exception stop code error; for this, you should update the drivers. There are two ways to update the drivers of the installed program; one is by using the Device Manager tool and another one is by using third-party driver updaters. You can use both methods in case you are not able to fix the system service exception stop code by following one method. If Device Manager is causing issues then you can also use Windows Update Troubleshooter to get rid of this problem.
- The first step is to hit the Windows Key + I button to open the Settings Panel.
- Then you navigate to the Updates and Security section like the previous method.
- Go to Windows Update, under that check the Update History.
- Now see which updates are installed recently so you can re-install them.
- Open Device Manager. You can find it by typing it in the search box near the start menu.
- Check for any Yellow Alerts in the list that appears through the dropdown,
- Simply Right-Click on the option that shows the alert symbol and a menu will pop-up.
- Click on Update Drivers and a new pop-up box will appear on your screen.
- Just click on Search Automatically For Drivers and wait for the Windows to search and install the updates automatically.
Method #3. Run CHKDSK Command To Fix Disk Errors
CHKDSK command is a well-known command as this is one of the best options to fix any device drives errors and problems including system service exception stop code. If you are facing issues with the disk drivers, then you can consider running this command via Command Prompt and this command will help you in fixing them.
If you are facing a system service exception stop code or Blue Screen of Death problem, then it can also be caused by the unusual behavior of the disk drivers. We will recommend you to follow the steps mentioned below to run the CHKDSK command and fix your drive errors.
- Open the Command Prompt by searching it in the search window.
- Make sure to open it as Run As Administrator.
- Simply, type “chkdsk/r” (without quotes) in the CMD window and press Enter.
- Wait for the command to scan your entire computer.
- This process can take a while, so you must keep your PC on until it finishes.
- Once done, the problems will get listed (if any) and this command will try to fix them automatically.
Method #4. Reset/Restore Windows To An Earlier Date
Well, if none of the above-mentioned ways has worked for you to fix system service exception stop code then restoring your Windows to an earlier point is the only option left for you. If you don’t have a System Restore point saved, then you might need to reset your Windows PC.
Restoring to old-time will not remove any personal files but you will lose all of the installed programs and data associated with them. Resetting the entire PC will remove everything from it so you might need to take a full backup of all important files in external storage. When you are ready, just start following the steps mentioned below.
- Got to Windows Settings and then go to Update and Security.
- You need to click on the Recovery tap on the left sidebar.
- Under the Reset This PC, click on Get Started button.
- Your system will restart automatically.
- When your system will restart, you will get 2 options on the screen:
- Keep Your Current Files (will remove installed programs)
- Delete Everything (will remove everything, including personal files).
- Select one option from the list and follow on-screen instructions to reset your PC.
System errors are indeed a pain to all of us, and especially if we are not a computer or tech person, this can easily scare us but don’t worry now as we have the solution for the most common system error system service exception stop code. You can now get back to gaming and build up that high score. We hope you are able to fix system service exception stop code issue by following the methods mentioned above.
We will keep this post updated with more methods to fix system service exception stop code Windows 10, so keep visiting Windows Billy to know about them. If you are facing any issues in following any method mentioned above, or you have any questions regarding system service exception stop code then feel free to ask us for help via the comments below.