Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting Changes
If got this message “Failure configuring Windows updates, Reverting Changes. Do not turn off your pc” on Windows 10/8/7, then we have got a solution for you. Follow these steps to get rid of this error again and again.
Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting Changes. Do Not Turn off your computer Solution
If you are facing this issue for the first time. Just wait for 20-30 minutes. It will take this much time to proceed. But if you are getting this error for more than this, here are few steps you can follow to resolve the problem:
- See if the windows updates are not installed properly. To do so, Kindly restart the pc and update the Windows again. Hope it might clear things for the first time.
- If you couldn’t find the solution and the problem is occurring again, then download Windows Troubleshooter. However, Windows also include one but I prefer downloading the one from the internet as it gives more fixes than the regular.
- Do a complete System Restore.
- Boot in Safe Mode. Run the command as msconfig.exe, You will find Service Tab, click on it. Then select Hide all Microsoft services and disable all of them. Then exit the program and Restart the computer and update the Windows.
- If you still did not find the solution, Turn on your computer in Clean Boot State mode. Now check for the windows updates. If you install windows updates through Clean Boot State, it prevents them from being blocked by any of the services or software.
- Go to C:\Windows\WinSxS\ folder and find the file named as pending.xml and rename it or even delete it. Doing this will allow Windows to update normally or without any issues. Hope it helps.
- Head over to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete the files from SoftwareDistribution folder. Then Restart your computer and check for the updates.
- You can also try System File Checker in such cases it might help.
- You should also try this tool named as Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM).
- First of all, Run: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- And after that, Run: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- When the scan is completed, restart your computer and now check again.
- Repair your computer’s Windows Installation. You can also try doing Refresh or Reset your machine. Or in some cases, doing factory reset might help too.
If your windows computer is stuck in Reboot loop, first of all, shut down the computer. Have some rest, Machines require rest too. Then turn it on and boot in Safe Mode. Then open the Command prompt or you might even do System Restore. You can also consider repairing your Windows if the problem is being caused by that.
Have some patience. The Computer is just a machine, It also requires some rest. If you are using it continuously, it would definitely cause some problem. The suggestion for you is to try shutting it down for at least one hour. Then just boot into safe mode and try updating windows. Hope The problem gets sorted.
That is, it from my side. I hope you liked the suggestions for the error. If I am missing anything, Comment down below. If you have any queries/Suggestion/feedback, do let us know through the comment section down below. If these tips worked for you, just let us know through the comments.