Microsoft DirectX is a program that is developed by Microsoft, and it offers hardware acceleration for heavy multimedia applications such as 3D games and HD videos. The application is available from Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Also, Microsoft introduced DirectX 11 download. Windows 10 has DirectX 12 installed to use latest directx update.
However, to confirm and check which version of DirectX you have installed on your computer and make windows directx update, you will need to follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the start screen.
- Type down dxdiag and hit the enter button.
- Next, under the system tab, you will find the DirectX version installed on your computer.
Related Post: Microsoft Update Catalog
DirectX is already included in your Windows system as it is an integral part of the Windows operating systems. However, if you feel like updating it, then you can update DirectX via Windows Update by using the latest service pack or platform update. Or you can manually download DirectX and install it on your computer Directx update patch.
However, let me just mention both of the ways over here:
- The first thing that you can do is use the Windows update to update your DirectX to the latest available version. Simply apply the latest service pack or platform update, which is offer to your system. Even you can manually download and apply the update package that comes with the DirectX update. And make it to the latest version for your Operating System.
- Secondly, you can search for the DirectX on the Microsoft download center. Then download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer, and it will install the DirectX files on your computer. Once you have downloaded and installed DirectX on your computer, it will need a restart, and you are good to go with directx update windows 10.
You should also know that DirectX 11 is support in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. DirectX 11.1 is support in Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Server 2012. Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 comes with DirectX 11.2 pre-installed and know more about DirectX here.