You can create Windows 10 bootable USB from ISO to boot your personal computer at home. You do not have to approach others or download Windows without Media Creation Tool. A bootable USB can come in handy when your windows get corrupted or get crashed. By just installing a bootable USB, you can format your computer and install windows into your system conveniently. Installing Windows and other OS using DVD is a very old thing now and since everyone owns a USB flash drive, they prefer using it for portable operating system installation. Though, for some people, it can be a hard task to use a USB device for that.
If you approach shops when your system gets corrupted, they may format your system and install windows again and may also charge you more than the actual price. Also, if you have a little knowledge of Windows OS and how to access different settings on it, then you can easily make a bootable Windows USB drive yourself. It will help you in saving some bucks for yourself and you will be able to install Windows and most probably other OS on your devices too. The procedure of installing OS is almost the same for all and it can be done with any device and OS.
In this article, we will explain to you the procedure to create Windows 10 bootable USB from ISO. There are many ways in which you can create Windows 10 bootable USB drive for installing Windows but not all of them are safe to use. Also, there are many tools available out there that can help you to create Windows 10 bootable USB from ISO but some of them are very hard to use. That is why we come up with this post where you can know about the best ways to make bootable USB of Windows. There are two basically two methods to create a bootable Windows 10 USB driver and they are as follows:
- Also Read About: How To Clean Install Windows Using USB
Types of Windows Installation
1. Standard Window Installation
In standard windows installation, you can install a new window in your system anytime, and it will be in running condition. This installation is used by more people because it is easy and lets you fix problems with your current Windows version.
2. Ready To Go
This is when you’re in need of an important file instantly, and you want to install new windows into your system without waiting for too long. With the help of ready to go windows 10 USB drive, you can directly boot the system and transfer the file.
Why Create Bootable Windows 10 USB From ISO
There are generally two reasons for you to make a bootable Windows 10 USB from ISO file.
1. To Install Windows 10 In A Convenient Way
You can create Windows 10 bootable USB from ISO for your windows 10 with the help of diskpart, and then you can easily boot your system from the USB and install windows 10.
You can get a portable ambiance for windows 10 – it is easy to create windows 10 “TO GO DISK” with a USB drive from ISO, then it would be convenient for you to use the similar windows 10 environment in various places. When you are installing windows from the Microsoft store, you will have two options
- You can download a collection of compressed files.
- You can download an iso file.
An ISO file collects all the windows installation files and combines them into a single file. If you wish to download an iso file, you can create a bootable file from a USB drive. You would be required to copy all the windows ISO files to your drive and the windows USB download tool.
If you want to download an ISO file, you have created a bootable file from a USB drive, copy the Windows ISO file on your drive. Run the Windows USB download tool. Then install windows on your personal computer directly from your USB.
- Also Read About: Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
When you complete downloading the ISO file, you have to copy it on a USB. After this, you have to install windows. Insert the USB drive with ISO file. Then run “setup.exe” from the root folder on the USB drive.
These above steps allow you to create Windows 10 bootable USB and install windows on your system without having to run already existing operations. If you change the order of the booting system of your USB drive in your personal computer BIOS, you can run the Windows installation directly from your USB drive as soon as you turn on the computer. Before that, be aware of the procedures to change the BIOS boot orders for USB drives and other related information on your computer.
2. For Making Windows 10 Copies
To install the software into your system – you can also make copies of the ISO file on your USB drive. After you have completed installing the software and accepted all the terms that the software provides, those license terms get applied to your use of that particular software.
The license terms and conditions allow you to make a copy of the software as a backup for reinstallation into a licensed system. A copy of the ISO file remains in your system even after upgrading the Windows as long as you don’t delete the file. It gets counted as a copy. If you’re in need of downloading the software again, you can directly find it on the download purchase history provided in your Microsoft Store account and download it from there.
How To Make A Copy of Windows 10 ISO File
- Download and install the Windows USB tool from the official Microsoft website.
- Click on the Windows Start Button and select Windows USB Tool included in all programs list.
- In the source file box, type the location name or path of your Windows ISO file, or click on Browse and select the file from the open dialogue box. Then click on Next.
- Select the USB device to create a copy on a USB drive
- If you choose to copy the file to a USB drive, select your USB device in the drop-down list and click on “BEGIN COPYING”.
- When the windows ISO file is copied to your drive, you need to install Windows by moving to the root folder of your USB drive. Then double click on Setup.exe.
- If you’re running Windows 10 enterprise /education/ pro edition in your system, you can use Windows built-in function, windows to go, to create a windows 10 bootable USB drive.
How To Create Windows 10 Bootable USB From ISO
- Mount the ISO file and connect a certified USB drive to your Windows 10 containing a personal computer.
- Click the Windows Button and go to the Control Panel and then click on Windows To Go.
- On the screen, in your Create A Windows To Go Workplace window, choose the certified USB drive on which you want to install windows 10 and click Next.
- Click on “Add Search Location” to search for windows 10 installation iso file and select the mounted iso file.
- Choose BitLocker in your USB drive & click “Create”.
- Wait for the process to finish. Choose Yes and boot this computer to create a Windows 10 USB drive.
Things To Remember While Creating Windows 10 USB
- The capacity of the USB drive should be at least up to 32 GB and not less than that.
- This process will erase all the data which was already in the destination drive. Therefore backing up the data in advance would be a smart move.
Method #2. Create Bootable Windows 10 USB From ISO
This process can be used to burn all the windows versions ISO to USB drives and create Windows 10 bootable USB. If you already have Windows installed then you can take full Windows backup before following this method as it will remove all files and folders from your system. In this method, you just have to use a simple software called Rufus to create Windows 10 bootable USB from your provided windows ISO.
- First of all, you will have to download the ISO file of the Windows setup.
- After you are done storing windows ISO file on your computer, download the Rufus tool.
Rufus is another free tool that allows you to reboot and create Windows 10 bootable USB. Rufus helps in creating USB installation media via bootable iso. It helps in burning iso to USB drives. It can help you work on a system that doesn’t have an os already installed.
Rufus is absolutely portable, so you don’t necessarily have to install it also you can fix Windows update errors using Windows Update Troubleshooter. Just run the EXE file, and you will be ready to create bootable USB drives. It is very small, and you can carry it on your USB drive to create Windows 10 bootable USB from ISO on other systems.
Create Bootable Window 10 USB With Rufus
The most astounding thing about this tool is its interface. It looks very similar to the default format window, which is sometimes shown by windows wherever you format a hard disk or USB drive. It is very easy to create Windows 10 bootable USB with Rufus and you can get the work done in just a few steps. Follow the steps mentioned below to create Windows 10 bootable USB from ISO using Rufus.
- Run Rufus, and it will automatically detect all the attached USB drives in your system.
- Now select the “Disk or ISO Image” option available in your drop-down box given under the option “boot selection”. Then click on the downloaded iso file using the “Select” button.
- If You are using the bootable USB drive on your system, you can select “GPT” under the “Partition Scheme” section.
- If your system is of the old version, you should select the “MBR” option from the drop-down box.
- Then, click on the “Start” button, and the tool will automatically start creating a bootable USB drive for windows 10 ISO file.
- It can take several moments in formatting the drive and copying windows setup files.
- After the process is completed, you would be ready to use the bootable USB drive in any computer system to install windows 10.
The above-mentioned steps can help you to create Windows 10 bootable USB from ISO. By using this method, you are saving a lot of your time and money. A bootable USB drive can come in handy whenever your windows get corrupted or crashed. A bootable USB drive will help you by booting and also by safely installing the windows. Having a handy bootable USB drive will always help as instances of systems getting crashed are very common and are faced by many. People who manage computers or own cyber-related businesses should surely own one for the safety of their computer systems.
This is all about how to create Windows 10 bootable USB from ISO and we hope you are able to create it on your own now. There are many ways to create Windows 10 bootable USB do this but we have mentioned only the easiest and working methods to do that. Keep visiting Windows Billy as we are going to post some more methods to install Windows 10 on a PC. You can follow the same steps mentioned above to make bootable USB for other operating systems too. If you are facing any issues to create Windows 10 bootable USB from ISO file, then you can ask us for help via the comments below.