Adobe reader is one of the most useful applications on our computer. Without this, reading and editing PDF files can be a hard task. However, there are times when you face the Adobe Reader not responding error while opening PDF files in Windows 10.
And in case if you are facing the same issue, then let me talk about some of the top fixes which you can follow to fix the issue without even looking for why is my adobe reader not responding.
PDF stands for Portable Document Format, and it is extremely important for us. It helps us to manage our documents in a better way. Even Adobe reader is one of the most commonly used applications in Windows.
And if it does not work properly, then it is obviously a frustrating thing for anyone out there and then need to find how to fix adobe reader not responding. However, the good thing is that you can easily fix the issue by following these steps:
Why is my adobe reader not working?
Usually what kind of Adobe reader windows 10 errors we get to see, like when you click on the application, and it keeps your mouse busy for a few seconds and then it does nothing and there are problems with adobe reader not responding.
Even the thing gets more frustrating when you do not get to see any error code or any information and why does adobe reader not responding. To fix this issue, you can try making some changes in the settings. Or you can download a new version of the software. As well as there can be a high chance that your software might have corrupted. As a result, it is not working properly and you also get email from adobe reader not working. There are also some reasons like adobe reader not responding when printing ad also in other operating systems like adobe reader not responding windows 7.
No matter what the reasons are, here are a couple of things that you can follow to fix the issue:
Change the settings in Adobe Reader
- First of all, open Adobe Reader from your computer.
- Then click on the Edit option from the menu.
- Now click on the preference from the Edit menu.
- Over here, select Security Enhances under from categories the new Preference window.
- In the end, disable the “Protected Mode at startup” by unticking the box under the Sandbox Protection.
Repair Adobe Reader Installation
One of the other reasons is that your Adobe reader and its sources might have corrupted. As a result, you are not getting a smoother experience out of the application. However, to fix this thing, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Adobe Reader.
- Then click on the Help Button from the menu.
- Then hit the Repair Adobe Reader Installation and restart.
- If these steps do not help you fix the issue. Then make sure your Windows 10 is running on the Latest Version of Adobe Reader.
As running an older version of the software can create a conflict issue between your computer and the software and you can face problem with printing from adobe reader not working with sars e-filing adobe reader not working. To fix this, you can simply go ahead and download the latest version of the Adobe Reader Windows 10, and you will be good to go.
Download the latest update patch
- First of all, open Adobe reader.
- Then click on the Help button from the menu.
- Now hit the check for update option.
- In the update box, Click download to have a new version and restart.
- Uninstall, and fresh install Adobe Reader.
Another thing that you can do is completely uninstall Adobe reader from your Windows computer. Then download the latest version of the software and install it on your computer. Then see if you are getting the same issues or not or adobe acrobat reader dc not responding.
Change the Default PDF reader
In Windows 10, Microsoft is the default PDF reader. Even it is also the default web browser. However, to view the PDF files, we install third party applications like Adobe Reader and also find in adobe reader not working. But as long as you need a basic PDF reader, the Microsoft Edge browser will do the job.
Also, as you have Adobe Reader Windows 10 errors and can’t open pdf in windows 10 like issues. It would be a good idea to move away from the software and try out the Edge browser to send file in adobe reader not working. Or you can try out some other browser with adobe reader won’t open on mac or download for Windows from here. To make edge your default browser in select tool adobe reader not working with adobe acrobat reader dc has stopped working, follow these steps:
- Right click on the PDF file.
- Then click on the Open With option from the menu.
- Now choose your favorite PDF reader from the list of the programs, and you are all done.
Related Post: How do I disable Chrome PDF viewer